Beside our other activities we'd like to involve international students in to social and volunteer activities in Jena and surroundings. Under the SocialErasmus slogan Reach higher! Go further! Go social! we organise several events with a charitable purpose. That means in detail we work for a local children foundation, promote accessability by supporting our favourite wheelchair basketball team, take a hand on the animal shelter and talk to the refugees in Jena in order to help them with their new life in Jena.
For all of this events we need your help. So, feel free to support us being social. We promise you will make really special experiences and have the chance to get in contact with locals by doing something good.
What we did in 2016:
- April 9th: Environmental action: cleaning Saale river
- June 15th: Jena Charity Run with over 200 international participants
- June 23rd: Wheelchair basketball with the Jena Caputs
What we did in 2015:
- April 11th: Environmental action: cleaning Saale river
- May 8th: Wheelchair basketball with the Jena Caputs
- June 6th: ESN goes social at children's home
- June 17th: Jena Charity Run: victory defended!
- September 25th: Football tournament with and for refugees
- October 31st: Halloween party at children's home
- November 5th: Wheelchair basketball with the Jena Caputs
What we did in 2014:
- supporting refugees by organising a cloth basar
- the ESN team won the Jena Charity Run (yeah!)
- help a local welfare organisation preparing their garden for summer (see the video here)
- Wheelchair basketball match with our friends from ESN France